318 East Kawili St
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
View Map >
FURLOUGH YOUR CAR ~ RIDE A BIKE
The Hilo Bike Hub offers UH Hilo, Hawaii Community College and local high school students a 10% discount on all accessories!!! Please drop by the corner of E. Kawili St. and Maka'ala St. to see our Back to School specials!
You can't beat the price on our in-store specials on Trek and Specialized hybrid bicycles, Specialized Hardrock 650B Mountain bikes, as well as Specialized road bikes for the beginner cyclist/triathlete. We are also the authorized dealer for Bionx Electric bike kits starting at $1095
Men's and women's helmets, racks, pumps, fenders, chain lube, and lights are also some must-haves.
Come visit Hilo Bike Hub and see why we have been voted best bike shop on the East side of the Big Island for over 15 years!
We carry a full line of Specialized and Cannondale mountain bikes and road bikes as well as Trek hybrid, road, comfort bikes, kids bikes, and BMX. Check out our popular Trek and Specialized hybrid bikes, Ellsworth US-handcrafted mountain bikes and BionX electric bike systems!
What differentiates Hilo Bike Hub from the rest? We understand the needs of our Big Island clientelle. For example, all of our adult bikes feature a pro-build assembly complete with waterproof lubrication of front and rear hubs, bottom bracket extraction and waterproof lubrication, as well as waterproof lubrication to all bolts. Full suspension bikes also receive lubrication and proper torque to all pivot bolts and linkage systems. Most bikes require between one and two hours for such an intense assembly, valued at $120. In addition, new bike sales include pro-fitting, adjusting bikes to the rider to maximize comfort as well as performance.
Enjoy huge savings on the 2015 Specialized Sirrus! Take advantage of this special offer, regularly $540, now on sale for $429 + tax + license on this excellent back to school special! Sale extended through end of September or while supplies last. Safety yellow only
Features a lightweight aluminum frame, lightweight double-wall alloy rims with machined sidewalls for increased braking performance - an excellent 24-speed commuter bike for Hilo! Click here for more details.
For limited time only while supplies last. Mahalo for supporting Hilo Bike Hub these last 22 years!
The Hilo Bike Hub would like to extend a huge MAHALO for voting us 'Best Bike Shop' by the Tribune Herald's Annual Best of East Hawai`i for 2014! The Hilo Bike Hub staff is super grateful to their loyal clientele for acknowledging them over 15 times as the Tribune Herald's Best Bike Shop of East Hawai`i. We will continue to provide top service, knowledge, and equipment to those who demand the best. Read more on the Tribune Herald website >
After twenty years of trials and tribulations, the Waiākea Forest Timber Management Area (a.k.a. the Kulani Trails) below Quarry Rd. off Stainback Hwy has formally been deemed an official trail system that is legally accessible to bicyclists!
You will be required to carry a permit to ride these trails. It can be acquired for FREE from the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) at 19 E. Kawili St. in Hilo or 66-1220A Lalamilo Rd. in Waimea. Ask for the Lower Waiākea Mountain Bicycle annual permit and trail map. Picking up permits will not only prevent fines, but the more people we have signing up for permits, the better chance we have to keep this good thing going!
Big thanks to the members of the Big Island Mountain Bike Association (BIMBA), Mauna Kea Recreation User’s Group, Chris Graper from the Hawaiʻi State Dept. of Forestry, Dennis Vierra from Nā AlaHele, and Chris Seymour who have been working hard to bring mountain biking on the Big Island to the next level! See you on the trails!
Hilo Bike Hub is looking for local mechanical talent!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume.
SERVICE MECHANIC (Part-time)
The Service Mechanic is responsible for assembling bikes, and providing mechanical repairs and maintenance to bicycles and other merchandise.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Complete assembly, repairs and maintenance of bicycles, and install accessories in a timely manner.
· Ensure understanding of customer needs and clearly explain any concerns.
· Apply customer service skills to exceed customers’ expectations.
· Process parts sales and check in/out bikes following proper procedures.
· Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the store presentable.
· Attend training sessions to enhance mechanical skills and familiarity of products.
· Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
· Perform other tasks assigned by management.
· Prior bicycle mechanic or assembly experience preferred.
· Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population.
· Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills.
· Present a strong customer service focus.
· Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
· Knowledge of computers and technology.
· Dedication to get the job done.
· Ability to stand, sit and use hands for extended periods of time.
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
· Exposure to various chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions.